Monday, May 9, 2005

Hmmm . . . what's happening?

I decided I would post, mostly because I have not posted in a while. However, I do not really have anything to post about. It is finals week, but both of my finals this week are open book, open note, so I am really not too concerned about either of them . . . what is the worst thing that can happen? Well, I will not know something, but chances are that no amount of studying would prevent me from not knowing it, because I will not know that I do not know it, but should, or something like that.
Jenn went to Houston (she flew . . . on an airplane . . . well, the airplane flew and she rode in it, but you know what I mean) this last weekend for her final dress fitting. At least that is the excuse she gave me. As it turns out, she used the weekend to get a bunch of presents, but I guess that is ok too.
One of Dr. Kolar's students is defending her PhD thesis on Thursday, so she's flying into town tomorrow and we are going to go out for pizza. She lives in Montana and has been finishing up remotely, apparently.
Oh, the holding furnace at Jenn's work sprung a leak, so they had to shut down the plant today. I'm not sure exactly what happened, or what the result of the leak was, but I guess they have another one that they are going to replace it with. The lazy people there are going to use a crane . . . the thing only weighs 150,000 lbs . . . I think that's what Jenn said. Maybe she will post more, I don't know how interesting it is.
One interesting thing, at least interesting to me, has to do with the dogs and the park. When we first got the dogs last summer, Jester was very enthusiastic about fetching sticks and swimming in the lakes. Justice continually developed her love for stick fetching, but Jester wasn't too interested. Well, lately, Jester has been really into fetching the sticks . . . swimming farther from shore than he has since last summer. So, I got to thinking, he's probably just not as crazy as Justice, he likes warm water. Justice wants to fetch sticks even if half the lake is frozen over . . . Jester is more of a fair weather fetcher.
Well, that's all I have for everyone today.
Oh, did you hear the one about the OU baseball coach who used racial slurs (about whites and blacks), so they made him resign. Yep, it's true. Ok, he probably shouldn't have called them what he did, but he was equally bad to blacks and whites, right? Seriously people . . . lighten up a bit!
Et

0 comments: