Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Aqua Bike

Thursday, the 21st, I finally managed to take the plunge. I accompanied Nathalie to my first Aqua Bike class. Aside from some pesky foot cramps that started plaguing me halfway through the class, it didn't seem too difficult. Last Thursday, things went even better. No foot cramps this time. After two classes, forty-five minutes of pedaling in the pool doesn't feel very difficult as I'm doing it. However, I have noticed that once I get out of the water, I have rubber legs and am completely exhausted for the next forty-eight hours! So the whole process is definitely having an effect on me which I can only imagine is for my ultimate good. I'm hoping that recovery will get easier as my weeks of water biking continue. Time will tell.

4 comments:

Meredith Tromble said...

Congrats! Sounds like fun.

ET said...

Generally, that is how it works, although I have never aqua-biked.

ET said...

I have had trouble rowing lately. I'm not sure if it is hangover from being sick, or if I have hit a wall with the rowing. Generally, the more you do something, the better you get at it. But, I remember having dead-arm at the end of baseball season during my senior year (from too much throwing without proper build-up, presumably) ... so, I'm not totally sure ... hopefully you aren't headed for a similar fate.

Tanya said...

Well, I may very well end up with "dead-legs," but I would expect it to take a little longer . . .