Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rise 'N Frown

Monday when I got back from Lyon, I commented to Sylvain that I had to make myself get up at the same time as him the next morning so I could get in some extra work time before Maëva got up. Sylvain got up shortly after six yesterday morning. I managed to drag myself out of bed about twenty minutes later. Unfortunately, the Mistral has been blowing here for the last couple of days. That means loud gusts, rattling shutters, banging doors, wind echoing in the chimney flu and general anxiety on the part of all living creatures in the household. Just two minutes after I'd gotten up yesterday, a loud gust of wind woke up Maëva and she started bawling in her bed. So, not only did I not get my usual extra hour of sleep, but I didn't get any extra work done either. But I should be appreciative of the joyous opportunity to console my daughter, shouldn't I?!

2 comments:

ET said...

No. It is fine to feel cheated.

mt San Francisco said...

Gotta say, I'm with Evan on this one. Not every situation is a Pollyanna opportunity....but that you could even THINK of a good attitude under the circumstances identifies you as a superior being...