Jenn found one of my collar stays under the lint trap. Whoops! I usually (this was the first time) remove the collar stays.
We found the other one (of the pair that were in the shirt) in the washing machine. Then, we went fishing.
First, Jenn tried a dog leash. Then, she tried aa screwdriver, but it wasn't long enough. I stepped in at this point, and I went to the garage, in search of the appropriate tools.
I returned with a flyswatter, as well as the location of the needlenose plyers in case they were necessary. They were, so Jenn retrieved them. I used the wire (looped) end of the flyswatter to reposition the collar stay (as well as a quarter, some lint, and a couple buttons). I pulled a clump of lint out to improve my ability to see the collar stay (Note: I found a metastable equilibrium for the flashlight so I could use the plyers with my left hand.
Then, I got to the business at hand. I used the flyswatter to pull the collar stay to a position I could reach with the plyers. Then, I deftly retrieved the collar stay (and, subsequently, the quarter) with the plyers. It would have sucked if I had dropped them. It was a pretty impressive effort, in my opinion.
2 comments:
I wait eagerly for the end of the year for the count of how many posts were labeled 'collar stays'.
Post a Comment