Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 5

Done. Almost.

Up at 5:30. Ran through stuff again. Shower. Dress. Pack. $6 breakfast ... muffin, apple, and drink. Sit and wait. Talk to Watts.

Load into sedan ... 4 adults and bags. Tight fit. Off to Spring Hill (from Franklin). Arrived early. Prepped leave behinds and presentation materials. Wait.

9 AM ... Here we go. Rough start. Recovery. Stormwater subconsultant ... ahhh. Actually said "we usually work on small projects, not big master plans." No! Running behind ... my turn. Time to make up time! Mid-pres Q&A? Sit down ... wait. Ok ... my turn. Kill it (according to those in attendance). Answer questions. Sit down. I'm done.

Listen to others.  Dr. Watts nails the treatment portion. Q&A sessions killing the schedule. Graves and PR firm end rushed, but strong. Finish at 11 AM ... started at 9:02, so we were jipped a couple.  Jipped? Guess that is right.

Packed up. Off to lunch. Nope. Stop in Franklin to meet with client to try to get more work. Hungry. Snowflakes. Had to be a good sign, right? Yes. A little snow in TN ... emphasis on little.

Meeting done. Almost one. Food. Moe's and Chipotle mentioned. I chimed in. Chipotle. Watts seconded. Barbacoa burrito.  Yum. Back in car. Off to airport.

Flight to Dallas delayed a bit. No biggie. We think Watts still made his connection. We had dinner at Pappadeaux. I went with the shrimp etoufee. I wanted shrimp creole, but it wasn't on the menu.  The etoufee was fine, although I'm still hungry.

On flight home. Shoot. I have a drink coupon. This flight is 30 minutes. Should have used it on the other flight.

Note to self: go with instinct. Sams Adams bad choice. Should have gone rum or vodka.

On the ground.

3 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

Love reading these running commentaries...all the little details that really make or break the day. Glad you killed it, although not surprised...

Galen Tromble said...

Glad you're home - bet Jenn and the boys are too.

Rone' said...

Boys didn't know. They were spending the night with Big Gramma! And she was mean and made Lucas go to bed at 8:30, even though he emphatically said, "I'm not tired!"