Google opened a new floor of office space in Pittsburgh the Monday after we went to Idaho. Most of the Shopping teams moved down to the newly renovated third floor in my absence. So, my first day back at work, today, was in a new location.
My desk on the sixth floor was in the middle of a wide open space, with the ceiling high above me. I spent more than three years there, in two different desks very near each other. The third floor is much less open, and the ceilings are a normal height, but it doesn't feel too confined, because my desk is right next to a big window.
I have a new desk, which moves up and down with the press of a couple buttons, so it can convert between sitting- and standing-height. I didn't try out standing, today, but I may soon.
I had to do some looking around to find the restrooms and other amenities, and we had to walk up three flights of stairs to get to lunch, but otherwise things were mostly as usual, sitting at my desk.
Thursday, January 2, 2014
The New normal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Is going to work "normal" for you?
Post a Comment