Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Countup: 40+5

Happy Ninth Anniversary, Evan and Jenn!
The baby is giving me the gift of a lot of extra time. I could be pretending it's not extra time and spend it working on various work projects. However, I've already gotten myself in the mindset of halting those projects until after the baby is born. So, I'm planning a morning of working on Maëva's photo album. 9:16 am . . . Drat, no sooner had I posted and prepared to get off the computer than I remembered receiving an email last night requesting an abstract in French for an upcoming publication. Good thing I had some chocolate by the computer to help with motivation. Abstract now translated and waiting for correction. 9:45 am . . . Drat again. Soon realized there were photos missing from the timeline, things that we only used my phone to take photos of. Back to the computer to pick out photos from the Dropbox to get printed. Project will be stalled until I can get to the photo shop. Sylvain corrected my text. I sent it off. Yeah, one thing done. Called maternity ward to make an appointment for Friday (what I was instructed to do if I hadn't delivered by today). Nobody answered. Guess I'll just go read. 11:26 am . . . Typical Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday evening of watching tennis (it's the French Open right now) and the end of The Great Gatsby by Baz Luhrman. We had started it the other day, but even Luhrman's colorful stylistic filming couldn't keep Sylvain awake. It's funny because I'm currently reading a prize-winning French novel based on the life of Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald, author of The Great Gatsby. Interesting coincidence. Midnight: still no baby.

3 comments:

ET said...

Another day. Hmmm. Glad things are still going ok.

mt San Francisco said...

Take lots of naps! xo Meredith

mt San Francisco said...

Well I think it's Thursday in France and Oklahoma now, so belated Happy Anniversary Jenn and Evan, and I concede defeat in the birth-day-guessing game! Sending waves of welcome, baby, come on & join us!