The first few days home from the hospital, I didn't eat any meals. I couldn't find the time, plus it was hot - in the 90s - and I didn't feel all that hungry. Then things settled down over the weekend. Don't worry, I'm not going to starve to death. Plus, temperatures dropped from the nineties to the sixties/seventies so Laureva doesn't need to nurse quite as much. Yesterday morning, Sylvain started a three-day fast. Aside from water, he just gets a small glass of fruit juice in the morning and a bowl of puréed vegetable soup in the evening. In addition to being good for his body (I recently read an article about a study that shows that fasting boosts the immune system), this is good for me because it gives me one less mouth to feed for three days. If Sylvain likes the fast and decides to continue doing them periodically, I'd like to join him once I'm done breast feeding again. The closest thing I've ever done is the "grape" fast, where you just eat grapes and drink water. I did it for six days in 2005, I think, and was very happy with the results, but just haven't been able to get organized to do it again when grapes are in season here. Any Nothing-But-Tromblers with fasting experience?
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nothing intentional over a day - and that for a long time. What got Sylvain interested?
The Alaska entry for the new picture roll is Laureva Log. Any other alliterative alternatives?
Dad: A book I bought him by/about a French freediver.
Kris: That's the title I chose. There is already an album and photos on Google+. Now Roy just has to be able to find the time and the internet connection to get the link up. But we understand why he can't just stop everything and go do that!
I've never gotten into fasting, but certainly have had friends who found it useful.
Post a Comment