Thursday, June 5, 2014

Countup: 40+6

Jenny came over this morning to drop of some baking powder she brought me back from Scotland. She stayed for a cup of tea and a blackberry muffin. I learned that in the UK, they also use 40 weeks for due dates. And 42 weeks as the absolute maximum. So France seems to be a little bit different with its 41 week due dates. For France, my due date is tomorrow. I finally got through to someone at the hospital yesterday afternoon. I have an appointment for tomorrow (Friday) morning. They'll check me out and if everything is fine, they'll send me home to wait for 48 more hours after which they'll check me out again and discuss delivery options. Sylvain and I took Maëva to her 11 am physical therapy appointment. Then we got her McDonald's for lunch. She and I just finished webcamming with Mom. The workmen are downstairs finishing up the inside of the skylight in the bathroom, so it's pretty messy down there. I won't be able to move around the house much, so I guess I'll just sit on the bed and read. 1:59 pm . . . Change of plans. Decided to go out and read in the hammock. Once the sun rotated around a little, it was nice and warm in the sunshine. My first (and perhaps only?) moment relaxing in the sun this year. Back inside, discovered mess left by workmen in laundry room where they didn't bother to move anything out of the way before drilling through the wall to run electrical wires. I'm ignoring it for the most part and leaving it for the cleaning lady to take care of on Monday. 5:58 pm . . . After dinner, watched part of a Dday documentary. It was interesting, but I was falling asleep. Midnight: still no baby.

5 comments:

Meredith Tromble said...

Vigorously counting up here!

ET said...

Don't strain yourself too much. That goes for both of you.

Galen Tromble said...

Remember, I picked 6/6. !!

ET said...

Don't get too excited ... Just because she has an appointment to go in doesn't mean she is going to give birth that day. And, frankly, I doubt she cares who picked when.

Tanya said...

It would be kind of funny if it were born on Dday. Double Dday. Oh, the layers of meaning . . .