The forecast showed storms this afternoon for the past two days. And storms there were, forcing me to modify plans for Maëva's party to all inside the house. Luckily I had bought Princess and Avengers tattoos, so I had something to replace the squirt gun fight with! The worst rain was right at four when the party was scheduled to start! Miraculously, everyone had arrived by 4:30, some walked up the hill because the cars couldn't make it, when we started with cake. Maëva had requested the names of all her guests on the cake, so after she decorated it, I added little flags with each of the kids' names. Cake was followed by animal charades. I put the pictures inside the plastic animal eggs from Janice. I helped Maëva moo like a cow and Laureva hop like a bunny. Next, the kids colored balsa wood animal masks. Maëva did a monkey and Laureva an owl. The moms loved the masks and metallic markers and were disappointed to learn I had brought them back from Oklahoma. After masks, the kids went downstairs to hunt for treasure in the girls' rooms. Once they had found two pieces, they could redeem them for a tattoo. All tatted up, everyone crowded around to help Maëva open her presents. By that time, the rain had stopped and they were able to run around outside for thirty minutes until time to go. Maëva gave out the squirt guns with the party favors; they can squirt parents and siblings at home! Maëva had a crazy accessories plan that she stuck to throughout the whole party: on her head were her new Aurora tiara, her foam tiara from Grandpa Galen and her sparky headband from Grandma Roné!; on each wrist was a bangle bracelet from Grandma Roné. Timéo stayed after for a slumber party. They watched Zootopia, ate dinner, colored, played Barbie (his gift to Maëva) and danced. The three kids dancing to the music at the end of the movie was very cute. Unfortunately, once in bed, Timéo just couldn't do it (first ever friend sleepover attempt for him) and decided to go home. Maëva was heartbroken and inconsolable even though he's coming back for lunch tomorrow. However, after awhile as I sat on Laureva's bed waiting for her to fall asleep, I heard Maëva repeating to her new Barbie all my words of wisdom about the positive points of the day.
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm worn out just listening to the account of the party!
So cute! So moving to hear about the Barbie conversation, too..
Sounds like an epic party!
The final kid count was 13. M, L, 9 of Maëva's friends, one big brother and one big sister. It was pretty loud inside the house! But fun seemed to be had all around and the girls' rooms didn't get messed up as I expected, so less work for me in the end than I thought there would be. Score!
Post a Comment