Tuesday, July 12, 2016

DC OK Adventure: Day 14

Monday, July 11. 8:15 started calling orthopaedic surgeons. Got an appointment in Oklahoma City for 9:45. Then after discussion with Sylvain and insurance company, we cancelled. Lots of hassle and expense for unknown outcome. Sylvain decided to just be repatriated. Then the insurance company informed us he needed a fit to fly letter. I couldn't get an appointment with a doctor. I called Alicia and she arranged for us to see her chiropractor friend in the afternoon. Early lunch at Chick Fil-A to say goodbye to Evan, Jenn, Andrew, Lucas, Dad, Pam, Serra, Mike and Samantha. Back at Mom's in the afternoon, the kids did slip 'n slide while Alicia took Sylvain and I to see the chiropractor. He had his assistant prepare a notorized fit to fly letter. They also scanned it and emailed me a pdf so we could easily transmit it. Back home we emailed the letter and soon received Sylvain's business class e-tickets for 9:45 am departure on Tuesday. I noticed he was allowed two checked bags. After dinner of leftover pizza and salad from the baptism, Mom took me to Walmart to stock up on baking supplies to send back with Sylvain. Baking chips, pecans, vanilla, baking soda, peanut butter, Ruby Red. Filled up half of one small suitcase. I packed Sylvain's bags before bed as we had an early next day departure from the house.

0 comments: