Maëva asked to have a "princesses and princes at the beach" birthday party this year, so we're gearing up for fun with her school friends on Saturday afternoon. We're expecting 14 kids including the girls. Last week, we went to see what kinds of things were available at the two local party stores. We saw, mulled it over for a few days, then went back to one Tuesday morning for a flamingo piñata, flamingo cups and napkins, and two Hawaii "grass" skirt little girl costumes. We also stopped by the craft supply store for posterboard for making tiaras and crowns. The plan is that the kids will decorate crowns as they're waiting for everyone to arrive. Then there will be five activities going on simultaneously that they'll make the rounds of (like at the school fair): cupcake decorating, trampoline jump, bowling, golf putting, and pin the tail on the donkey. They'll have a paper flower like at the school fair, and get a sticker for the petals from each activity. Once everyone has filled in their flowers, it'll be piñata time! Yesterday afternoon, I got the new cover installed over the springs on the trampoline and made little name flags for cupcake identification. Now I just need to make the flowers, the donkey tails and a big poster diagramming the activities. I also need to figure out what to have the kids jump for on the trampoline. I was thinking Sylvain could hold something up on a stick that they would try to jump to grab, I just don't know what yet.
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like fun.
Lucky Maëva!
I remember my birthdays. Mom baked a cake. We ate it. : )
A possible idea for what they can reach for: a dream? It could be a star.
You could use magnets to attach something to something Sylvain is holding.
Is Sylvain magnetic? Other than his personality of course.
I didn't say to attach to Sylvain.
Post a Comment