Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Talon Takes Flight: 1.2.4

After hanging out on the pier, Talon and I met up with Kate, Shanon, Leo, and Jess for lunch. We settled on "cheap Mexican", which was right across the street from our meeting spot. I got three tacos for like $7, which in Venice seems like "cheap" food. They were good ... just tortillas, beef, onions, and a just the right heat red salsa/sauce.

Later on, we took another trip to the beach. En route, I saw a flyer for an apartment to rent. A two bed for $6900/mo. A couple more of their friends had come by. One of them is a realtor. He remarked, "it must be really small, becauseI would have expected it to be more." WHAT?!?

After the beach, we returned to their apartment for dinner. Then, a little before 9, we headed up to the rooftop deck to watch the fireworks. They were ok. I think Talon was impressed, but I think I've seen more fireworks than he has. There were a few cool ones that seemed somewhat original to me, but a lot of them seemed to be standard fare. From the rooftop vantage point, we were able to see at least 4 other displays in the distance.

1 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

We almost missed fireworks completely, being in the air over the Pacific Ocean, but did see one or two from the car on the way home. Since it is usually foggy here on the Fourth and we can barely see them anyway, I have given up being excited about them.