Wednesday, August 7. While Mom was working a few hours this morning, we got ourselves ready and took the rental car back to Hertz (on Robinson across the interstate). Mom was home when we arrived about 10. Sylvain stayed home and the four girls went to pick out cupcakes at Gigi's for tonight's birthday party for the girls with Aunt Kris. We also got an M&Ms cookie sandwich to share right away. The bakery lady was kind enough to cut it into fourths for us. We hurried home with the cupcakes so the frosting wouldn't melt. The girls and Grandma had a painting project to start on and party decorating to do. Sylvain and I went out to Crest's for some lunch groceries, toiletries and beer. I was pleasantly surprised to see that beer and wine are now sold in OK grocery stores. We found a case of Boulevard so decided to continue in the KC tradition begun this weekend.
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
USA Tour: Day 14
Shrimp tacos at home for lunch while the first layer of paint dried. Then the girls and Grandma continued their bright flower painting project.
Laureva had a meltdown when she thought she'd messed up her painting so I took her outside and occupied myself by weeding a bit of Mom's garden.
Maëva started her first sewing project with Grandma. The plans appear to be for a baby quilt for Franck and Loriane's baby due in December (Maëva's idea). Sewing her first seam on the machine was a source of much excitement and pride. Girls went with Grandma to store to buy stuff to make meatballs for dinner. Then Grandma helped Laureva finish her flower painting.
Maëva's is on the left, Laureva's on the right.
Maëva made name cards for the table with special messages inside that we discovered at dinner. Mine said "I love you." Kris arrived as I was getting spaghetti and meatballs started for dinner. We had drinks, flamin' hot nacho Doritos and cherry tomatoes while dinner cooked. Then, after posing for a group photo with our party hats on, we sat down in the dining room decorated with lavender, white and pink balloons, and flamingo fairy lights. After dinner, the girls changed into new outfits from Grandma and opened birthday presents from Grandma including noise putty (so the farting talk will continue...). Laureva lots of coloring things. Maëva lots of flamingo things. Gigi's cupcakes for dessert after the girls blew out their candles. I split a Butterfinger one with Kris. Sylvain split a salted caramel chocolate one with Kris. Then Sylvain and I shared the last 2/3 of Laureva's chocolate truffle one. All quite scrumptious. Dogs found a turtle in the backyard. Girls, Kris and Mom went out to look at it. Girls tired and once again asked to go to bed as early as 8pm! As I was cleaning up the kitchen, Evan called to talk about UT activities for the next leg of our trip starting Tuesday the 13th. The fun is sure to continue!
Posted by
Tanya
at
4:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment