Saturday, August 24, 2019

USA Tour: Day 31

Saturday, August 24. Maëva got up at 7:30. I decided to wait a little longer. When I went upstairs at 8:20, she and Roy were sitting on the couch reading. 8:45 Kids minus Colin went to walk Gogo and get pastries at Macrina Bakery by Ken's Market. I had half of cherry almond scone. 

11 Sylvain went to the park at Coe with Lydia, Colin and a neighbor friend. The girls stayed home with Rachel to do friendship bracelets and read. Roy read aloud Ian Ingram's humorous article about robotic attempts at interspecies communication in Meredith's new book. 
1pm Tasty vegetarian lunch prepared by Meredith and Anwyl: tomato cobbler, rice, and chard with lemon, raisins and macadamia nuts.
3pm outing. We dropped Sylvain off at Interbay Golf for a 160-ball bucket at the driving range. Then the rest of us headed down the street for a tastebud adventure at Chocolopolis. Among some of the treats we sampled were 70% Dark Belize, chocolate and candied ginger bites, and lemon, lavender and thyme snacking cacao. Then we split up into two cars. Nicole, myself and the kids headed to the International Fountain at Seattle Center. I've always liked this fountain. It's such a pleasant place with the water show and music. 
Meanwhile, Meredith, Anwyl and Roy went to see the Victorian Radicals exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum. On their way home, they picked up Sylvain at the golf course. He arrived home with blistered hands after hitting so many balls with no glove. 
Roy, Rachel, Sylvain and I played the wild west card game Bang! Sylvain claimed to not understand anything that was going on. However, he ended up winning!
Nicole made a succulent Sag Paneer spinach curry for dinner which we ate with two local IPAs chosen to represent Evermore, my brother's house:
After dinner treat of Belgian chocolate brought by Meredith and chilled white Lillet (we had previously discussed this French apéritif wine with the Evermorians, but we weren't familiar with it).
Kids to bed at 10pm. Adults gradually trickled off. Roy and I stayed up talking until 1am.