Thursday, January 21, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 313

 Thursday, January 21st.

Tiger repeated yesterday's schedule, but at 4 something, he wouldn't quiet down, so I had to get up. He was quickly put out, though, as temps are still high. Though I could hear him meowing from time to time at the door, I managed to "sleep" until 6:22.

This morning, I drove up to the university to drop off graded exams and pick up more exams to grade. Then I went into Aix to drop off Nespresso capsules. As I was heading home, I got a text from the hairdresser. It was 10:15 and I'd forgotten my 10am appointment! Luckily, she didn't have anyone else until 11. I headed straight there, arriving at 10:45, and got my hair cut. She was just 5 minutes late for her next client. Then I drove back down to Roquevaire to go to the post office and the pharmacy. As a result, I was much later getting home than I'd originally planned and didn't manage to start in on course prep for next week until after lunch.

The vaccine total is now up to 690,000. However, talk on the news this morning was all about vaccine shortages and vaccination centers shutting down as a result.

The third grade teacher at the girls' school, Maëva's teacher from last year, is currently out with Covid. There has been a substitute teacher for the class only one day this week.

This evening, I started watching the Inauguration Parade Across America on You Tube - I only got as far as the Bon Jovi song, though - while waiting for Jenny to be ready for virtual viewing of the last two episodes of The Queen's Gambit. Quite a satisfying heartwarming happy ending.

0 comments: