Thursday, January 21, 2021

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 316

The first full day of the Biden administration was pretty uneventful for me. There was evidence of rain this morning, and a reason to go out never arose.


I had game hour with my team this afternoon, with a new participant. My manager hired a new manager for my team and another, because he was spread too thin. He started this week, but today was his first day making introductions. Our game was cut short, though, because one person had to leave unexpectedly.

Rachel wanted to make pasta for dinner so I helped her with the rolling and cutting, using her KitchenAid, after work. We made a sauce from butter, arugula, and seasoned sweet potatoes. It was good, but must have been denser than I expected, because I was feeling very full by the end.

At reading time, I told Colin that if he didn't calm down I would start making him read. To my surprise, he thought that sounded like a good idea, so he read a chapter of his dragon book. Then, Eric was feeling left out, so he read a stretch from a Nate the Great book, too. They don't have chapters, so we had to hallucinate a stopping point so we could go to bed. I enjoy reading aloud, but I could probably get used to this if it means less disruption. Maybe we can even structure it as a reward.

0 comments: