I've been using the time in the morning between getting the kids started on school and nine o'clock when I go down to work for extra reading. This morning I had almost forty-five minutes. This will definitely help with my annual reading goal. Today, I started a list of the books we already have on hand that I want to get through this year. I realized that with a Goodreads to-read list of 288 titles and a reading goal of just 36 books, I need to be more intentional about which I'm actually going to get to. We'll see if I can stick to my list. Even if I only read most of them, it's probably still a success.
Lydia's recent order at the bookstore came in today. Nicole and Rachel went to pick it up. The kids also had a parade at school, to see other people and collect items for a homeless shelter. Rachel had her last Genius Hour class. Her other five classes continue in the second semester, but 6th period will be art starting on Friday. She reported at dinner that she had told her Spanish class about last night's pizza bao. That's right, she spoke in Spanish of her American father making a Japanese-Korean trend of Taiwanese-Italian fusion.
I was feeling chilly after work, probably from sitting all day, so I got up to practice juggling instead of diving immediately back into reading. Juggling isn't super strenuous, but it's movement enough to warm up. My 534 pattern is coming along. I can reliably get two cycles, but I'm having trouble with the third.
At reading time, there was an amazing convergence in the boys' room, with Rachel and Eric both trying to read aloud while Colin read to himself. That was obviously unsustainable. Eventually, Rachel convinced Nicole to read a different book together, the third in a series they've been reading. Lydia is lying between them reading her own book, the second Spirit Animals, which arrived today. I've started reading The Collapsing Empire, by John Scalzi, which, like Goblin Emperor, features a young and inexperienced character taking over an empire. Some scenes are remarkably similar.
1 comments:
So cosmopolitan!
Post a Comment