Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 361

Sunday's weather was weird. We had spells of bright sun, as well as rain, and sometimes both. In the late afternoon, we had a hail storm. Now, there are scattered clouds, but the stars are visible. Eric rode his bike again during one of the dry stretches, and Nicole went for another walk, this time with her friend Jill. When they returned, Rachel and I were in the back yard, Rachel painting, and Eric was still biking. I ended up throwing a tennis ball for Jill's dog Finney for a while.

Indoors we had the usual activities, plus wrestling with the boys when they were getting too rambunctious. I did some more juggling practice, but the boys eventually interfered. I'm getting pretty good at repeated 534s, I can do three in a row and occasionally four. I've also gotten pretty proficient with Lydia's pattern: 51414. It's only three balls, though, while 534 uses four.

We had leftover pita, rice, and falafel for lunch, with the excellent hummus and baba ghanoush. I finished off the latter at dinner. We tried watching the second Maze Runner movie, but the boys bowed out during the ice cream break. The rest of us finished it. It was maybe a bit scarier than the first.

I'll finish with a joke Lydia made up the other day: What do you call a bird that makes movies?

2 comments:

Roy said...

Answer: A filmingo!

ket said...

That's clever! Thank you for posting the answer : )