Saturday, March 27, 2021

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 381

Saturday morning, Nicole's alarm went off at seven. We don't know how that got set. But we were up sooner than expected. Before long we were outside planting.


I think I counted a total of forty plants we put in the ground or in pots. We started in the back with the ferns, fringecups, and piggyback. Then the alumroot by the dogwood tree. We moved to the side to plant the wintergreen, then to the front for the lupine, goldenrod, stonecrop, and shooting stars. Nicole put the checker mallow in pots that also moved back into the front. We made a trip to Ken's to get soil and compost so we could plant the larkspur and yellow-eyed grass on the alley side.

After lunch the fun continued with rearranging of pots and such in the back yard, and pulling out the chair covers and rug for the warm season. We sat there for a while and watched a few birds.

Eric didn't want leftover rice and beans for lunch. He asked for crepes. I decided I could prepare the batter and just make a couple for him, saving the rest for dinner or breakfast. Then Rachel asked for Ethiopian food for dinner, so crepes for breakfast it is. Nicole and I went to get the food by car. It seemed better this time than previously during the pandemic. I'm not sure what the difference was.

After dinner we completed our Hogwarts Battle with a decisive victory. Then we watched a family animated feature called Manou the Swift. The story was not great, nor the dialogue, especially, but the animation was solid. It had its moments, I guess. Finally, we read a short chapter of our book, in which Sophie discovered her origin. She's not half otter after all.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow! That bike is really loaded up. Kudos to be cyclist!

ket said...

Oh! -- that IS impressive biking.