Thursday, October 21, 2021

French Vocabulary

Anwyl and I have discovered a French mystery series on Amazon Prime..."Astrid." It is another entry in the the "Aspergers syndrome character as amazing weirdo crime solver" genre also populated by Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock and Professor T. Only this time, the leads are female. Thank heavens it is subtitled, as what I can catch from an episode is usually a few utterances of "D'accord" and once "Il y a un cadavre?" However, there are certain words that are usually enunciated quite clearly and distinctly. And bonus, they are not vocabulary I am getting from Duolingo. So I now know some mild profanity in French...I guess as this is a family blog I will not specify.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I hope you never have a need for "Il y a un cadaver," but I suppose you never know...

Tanya said...

cadavre

mt San Francisco said...

Yeah, me, too!