Saturday morning, Rachel went to hang out with her friend for a few hours, and then the rest of us walked to the farmer's market. This is a new thing they're trying this year. The Thursday evening markets end in mid-October due to weather and daylight. There will be one market each month on Saturday through December. The one today seemed well attended, but it was also fantastic weather, clear and sunny, though a little chilly in the wind.
We picked up some produce and got lunch. We also tried a fermented green tea called jun. Well, we bought some there. We didn't try it until dinner time. We got six different flavors, and the four we tried tonight all seemed pretty good. I said it was growing on me and Lydia said, "What, your hair?"
We had originally intended to go to the park after the market, because the boys wanted to go back to David Rodgers, but Colin was cold, so he was OK with going back home. There, Nicole and I finished the pegboard in the garage, after I warmed up my hands. In between pieces, Nicole went to pick up Rachel, and I got to read. I passed page 1000 today and logged close to forty pages in all, which is needed because I wasn't hitting my target during the week.
We watched four more episodes of Maya and the Three tonight. Nicole thought it was only six long, but in fact there are still three more to go. Rachel asked for YA fiction based on Latin American mythology for Christmas. I'll have to see what I can find.
Here's a picture of Eric assiduously filling his cool mist humidifier.
Once he'd done this, he promptly went down the hall to my bed to fall asleep.

0 comments:
Post a Comment