Sunday, October 31st. Happy Halloween! Fall Back Day in France.
At 3am, the clocks turned back to 2am. As a result, the girls were up at 6. In spite of our extra-long morning, we got very little done due to some unruliness on the part of our youngest member. A thirty-minute homework session extended to three hours, so there was no time for either Skip-Bo or sewing (two activities the girls had suggested). On the upside, the girls' timeouts gave me time to bake a tomato and goat cheese quiche and take out the garbage and recycling. Just before lunch, the girls were finally allowed to go next door to trick-or-treat. They got a bunch of candy and chocolates from Marie-Elisabeth.
After reading time, we did an hour of sewing. Maeva got the rest of her pocket faces finished and we pinned them on to the bed organizer base. Then it was time for the girls to dress up and get ready for their Halloween party. Maeva was a witch with a black dress and my witch wig. She did her own Coco-style Mexican makeup in white, hot pink and black. Laureva was an owl. She put a little bit of brown makeup on her face and eyes and completed it with red lipstick.
I took the girls to their friend Ella's house in the village for a Halloween party. I asked them to be sure to wear their masks when they were inside. Sylvain went down to Clement's house to watch the OM game. I came home and enjoyed some quiet time. I read for about thirty minutes, then started the hangout. For some mysterious reason, the camera wasn't working on the nest hub, so I had to use my phone. Mom showed us her Halloween set up with all the motion-activated devices in front of her house. Roy and Rachel talked about their Halloween plans.
The weather cooperated today. It was overcast, but dry. Perfect for trick-or-treating. Maeva said she got eighty-five pieces of candy! I went back to pick up the girls at 7:30. On the way back to the car, we ran in to Jimmy. He took the girls back up to his house for candy. They hadn't stopped their to trick-or-treat because Marjorie, Ella's mom, had been worried that they weren't expecting trick-or-treaters.
Back home, the girls showered to get their makeup off and had a late dinner. They were fading fast, so I sent them straight to bed at 9pm.





0 comments:
Post a Comment