Sunday morning we had a break from the rain, but only a short one. The boys got haircuts today and I made a loaf of bread for lunches. We discovered that most of the children had not taken their lunch containers out of their backpacks before the break, and remedied that.
After lunch, Nicole and I went to IKEA. She decided we should get matching hardware there rather than trying to find something similar a little closer. I read a story during the drive to and from, and talked to the kids to resolve a dispute while she was in the store. I had brought my own book to read, but didn't make any progress at all.
I mounted the new cabinet above the refrigerator, while Nicole went to get Eric a replacement mango smoothie. I think we're going to put a lid on the enclosure and leave a shelf on top of the cabinet, rather than putting the front panel back on above the cabinet, but we don't have the material for that.
After dinner I was working away on Les Chouans when Nicole asked for help putting together her role cards for the games she's preparing for drama classes tomorrow. She's put in enough work that she's now hoping the teacher doesn't leave a lesson plan.
We had time to watch two episodes of Demon Slayer before bed time, and the kids had popsicles for dessert while Nicole and I opted for tapioca pudding. I think we're ready to get back into the routine for a while.
The word of the day is gaine, meaning sheath. «— Si celui qui vient de laisser rouler une pierre veut que son cœur serve de gaine à mon couteau, il n'a qu'à recommencer,» said one of the Chouans to the others as they sneaked into Fougères under the fog of the story's final night. At least, I expect so. About fifteen pages remain.
0 comments:
Post a Comment