Saturday, February 19, 2022

Lascours Lockdown, Day 706

Saturday, February 19th. 


After breakfast, we sanded a bit around the rim of Mathilde's box to make it easier to open and close.  Then, Maeva read Tower of Nero, which she's already nearly finished. Laureva finished her book report, memorized a poem about trees and studied some more math in preparation for another test.

I made pizza and did the exercise bike. We all ended up watching Olympic figure skating before and after pizza lunch. The Chinese couple managed to pull off gold.

At 2:30, I walked Laureva to her friend Mathilde's birthday party in the village. I asked Laureva to wear her mask for any indoor activities. When Mathilde's mom saw us with our masks on, she put hers on as well. The other kids were maskless, which didn't surprise me. I think all the other families have had Covid since the beginning of the year. For Mathilde's family, it was just a couple weeks ago.

At 2:45, Maëva left with Marie-Elisabeth to join the Reys at the park for bike riding. They had been planning to stay until Laureva could join them after her party ended at 5:30, but it got too cold and they came home at 5.

Laureva and I finally rolled back in around 6:20. There were lots of people to talk to along the way there and back: Rosalie's mom Claire; Sophie, Jimmy and Léon (setting up for a party in the ancien Cercle tonight); parents at the birthday party; a neighbor also named Claire.

Sophie's appointment with her cardiologist went well yesterday (not pneumologist as I'd thought). There's nothing wrong with her heart (other than what she has the pacemaker for, which is working fine). Her doctor reportedly said she has a case of Long Covid. They said that when symptoms persist longer than ten days, chances are they will persist much longer. The doctor also said that she would be immune from transmitting the virus to anyone for two months. Is that true? I guess it does also correspond to the test-to-return protocol for elementary schools here. Students who have had Covid are exempt from having to test to return for two months following recovery.

0 comments: