Wednesday, February 2nd. La Chandeleur.
A handful of students were present for the first time today, after missing the first two weeks of the semester due to illness. One I know was Covid, the others didn't specify.
This afternoon, a student at the teacher training college brought vanilla chocolate chip cake to share. There were a few pieces left over that I brought home, to the delight of the girls.
On the way home, I ran a few errands, including a stop at the cave. The manager, whose son is in Maeva's class, said he had just come back today after being out with Covid. He's vaccinated, but he said it really tired him out. He wasn't extremely feverish, as his wife had been a couple weeks ago, but he experienced about five days of severe fatigue.
Another classmate of Maeva's, Ibanol, tested positive today. The teacher sent an email that another test-to-return protocol is required. Maeva did a home test before dinner. It was negative. She'll have to do one Friday morning before school, then she's also supposed to do one on Sunday.
After yoga, I made crepes for dinner. That's a Chandeleur tradition. Maeva had chevre. Laureva had leftover ham quiche because she doesn't like cheese crepes and a chocolate crepe for dessert. Sylvain and I had mushroom and emmental.
In addition to the restriction rollbacks I mentioned yesterday, reduced-occupancy requirements on various venues also went away today. Stadiums will once more be able to fill to capacity for sporting events, for example. The government is also talking about easing the school protocols once again after Winter Break, which starts this weekend for us. An end to mask mandates in schools is reportedly being floated. What?!
0 comments:
Post a Comment