Monday, February 21, 2022

Lascours Lockdown, Day 708

Monday, February 21st. Back to School!

It was a long day, ending in a headache which still persists as I write in the evening.

I got up at 6:20 so I could get out of the house early to proctor an exam which was scheduled to begin at 8:30. I had planned to leave at 7:15, but didn't make it out the door until ten minutes later. Those extra ten minutes were needed, as I got stuck in some traffic. I don't usually make the drive at high-traffic times so had forgotten I needed more than I'd planned for. I did make it nearly on time, though, and my colleague, who had arrived earlier, thankfully already had everything under control. However, the exam session didn't go as smoothly as hoped. First, the room was too small and improperly furnished, so we had to transport three desks from neighboring rooms to accomodate late arrivals. Then, there was a student whose name wasn't on the list and another who started doing the wrong exam - we were administering four different exams at the same time. Student services said the first wouldn't be counted and that the second would have to switch to the correct exam or he'd be counted absent. They're being stricter than usual, apparently, due to the fact that some students were refused registration after not submitting the required Covid-related paperwork.

After the exam, I continued with my seven hours of teaching. There was some good news, however. The HDMI cable in Room A202 was finally replaced over break.

The girls said they had good days back at school. Maeva was selected by the teacher to sit next to her friend Manon, who broke her writing arm over break, to do her writing for her.

1 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

That would give me a headache too.