White Salmon weather of late has been pretty consistent - overnight lows at or below freezing and daytime temps in the high 30's. We had a couple of weeks without significant precipitation, but got some rain in the last couple of days.
The cold here now is of the viral sort. I caught it from Anna, after taking care of her in the morning a week ago. Erin thinks she got it at day care the previous Friday. It's the first cold I've had since before the Covid mess started, and it's going through all the motions. After having it settle into my chest for a couple of days, yesterday it moved up again into the sinuses. I hope its next move will be out of here for good. I had planned to remove the popcorn ceiling from the 3rd and largest bedroom today, and still may, but I'm not sure as I write this that I'm up to spending several hours breathing through the respirator on top of the cold.
I spent several hours yesterday taping plastic on the walls of the room. The closets (there are two in that room) take way more time per square foot to do. I have a little more prep work to do, so I'll do that and see how I feel. I would love to get this done, though, so that may be the deciding factor.
In other news, I made a pan of marshmallow creme fudge with walnuts last week. It's a lot for two people, but we're doing our best.
3 comments:
Must be a drag!
Get well soon!
I took the popcorn ceiling down. While I was doing it, I felt fine, and didn't have troublesome congestion or any trouble breathing in the respirator for 2.5 hours. I took significantly less time to do a larger room than the last time. Clearly I'm getting better at it, though I'm not sure what the difference is.
Now I want to do more! Hallway next for popcorn. It's not very big, and will be quick to take the popcorn off.
As soon as I finished, all the symptoms and fatigue came back. Funny how having a focus and goal can change how you feel.
Glad you could make progress and had something to distract from symptoms for awhile.
Post a Comment