Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Lascours Lockdown, Day 702

Tuesday, February 15th. Winter Break Day 11.


Besides going out for a haircut mid morning, I spent the day doing class prep. The girls played some Switch and did lots of playing with Legos. I got them a 790-piece classic set for Valentine's Day. I'm hoping to inspire them to use their imaginations to create things, rather than simply following instructions to build pre-imagined items. It may work. Laureva has already created two simple beds and a television set.

The hairdresser and I talked about girls' outings in Aix after I mentioned our museum plans for Thursday afternoon. She mentioned wanting to go out with her teenage daughter tomorrow, but didn't know if her daughter's health pass was still valid. Her daughter had Covid last summer. She said she wouldn't get her vaccinated, though, even when her pass expires, but would just wait it out as all the election talk has the government hinting it might do away with Covid vaccine/health passes sooner than the July 31st date that is currently in effect.

Maëva had a piano lesson this afternoon. Meanwhile, Laureva finished the Mod Podge on her box for Mathilde and continued working on Lego creations. 

On February 28th, the government has announced it will slightly relax some mask mandates: masks will no longer be required in indoor spaces like movie theaters which require vaccine passes for access. Masks will continue to be required in public transportation and other places, such as doctor's offices and hospitals, where vaccine passes are not required for access.

0 comments: