Friday, July 8, 2022

Summer Sick Day

Friday, July 8th.

Maëva's throat has continued to get worse. Yesterday morning, she was slightly feverish and nauseous, so I kept her home. She was disappointed to miss her final day of elementary school.

Yesterday evening, I went out with Jenny and her Canadian friend, Kristen, to see Elvis at the Cinéma Lumières in La Ciotat. While I was away, Maëva's fever spiked to 39.7°C (102.2°F), and that was even after having a dose of Doliprane just a few hours before. 

She was still feverish when she woke up at 5am complaining of throat pain once again. Later, when everyone was up, I looked at the back of Maëva's throat with a flashlight. This time, there were clearly little white squiggly lines on her tonsils. Late morning, we headed back to Urgent Care (all three of us as Sylvain had left at 8 to go to Paris for the weekend for a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Stade de France). I had been hoping to arrive after the morning rush, but it was still busier than ever when we arrived about 10:45. We had to wait about and hour and a half to see a doctor. She was convinced by looking at Maëva's throat that antibiotics were in order, however, the sample she swab tested came back negative for bacterial infection. She gave us a prescription for antibiotics, but we are not supposed to use them unless Maëva's fever continues for another 24 hours. Poor thing, she has to tough it out for one more day.

So today is going to be a combination of resting and party planning errands, in case we're able to go ahead with plans for sleepover tomorrow, followed by an escape game party with a few more friends on Sunday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

1 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

I gather from the Duo call that Maeva was feeling a little better -- so glad, strep throat sucks.