Thursday, July 14, 2022

Working Holiday

For the Bastille Day holiday, Sylvain went to play boules in Géménos, the girls went to tennis camp and I tried to take advantage of the calm and quiet to get some more work done on my paper. I did make progress, though it still needs a few days of work.

This afternoon, Nora came by to visit Marie-Elisabeth. Marie-Elisabeth wanted to show her the girls' piano videos that I posted to the blog and needed my help to find the site. When I pulled up the blog on her computer, I discovered that it was automatically translating everything to French as I scrolled down the page. I didn't know it could do that.

Nora is coming over tomorrow evening to watch the girls while Sylvain and I go to a kid-free party for Guillaume Négrel's 40th birthday. She stopped by before going next door to get instructions. She told me she had Covid at the beginning of the month. It gave her a high fever at the time, but she feels better now.

On the subject of Covid, daily case numbers are still over 100,000, and the incidence rate is still high at 1,335.2 in the BDR as of July 10th, but R has finally gone down a bit again: 1.17 in PACA as of July 9th.

The girls have been enjoying their tennis camp. It's been quite hot this week, so they've been making use of the club's swimming pool several times a day as well. They seem to like it better than our pool. I think it's more sheltered from the wind and Maëva says it's wasp free. Today, Laureva helped clear some tables after lunch and was rewarded with some candy. Maëva said she was sad that there was only one day of tennis camp left. She's looking forward to doing another one during Fall Break.

0 comments: