Sunday, July 17, 2022

Surpassed

Sunday it was under seventy degrees in Seattle, and by the end of the day it had even rained a little bit, though perhaps not a measurable amount. We spent most of the day at home. Nicole and I planted a penstemon we'd had for a while, and then lavender plants she got recently, and moved some rocks around in the front planting strip to make room for them.

In the afternoon, two of Rachel's friends came over and the three of them went to the Storm game. Nicole and I watched it on TV while discussing the next steps for the basement closet. We want to put doors on it, but are still working on the style. It will probably be bifold doors, at this point, to meet our constraints.

Rachel came back from Seattle Center after dinner, and one of her friends accompanied us to Queen Anne Bowl for soccer and running. Nicole made practice passes from the side to Lydia, Colin, and Eric. Lydia has a very powerful kick. I blocked one and got a welt on my calf.

Rachel and her friend ran laps. They finished the first in 1:31 and the second in 1:34. Lydia ran hers in 1:32, and Eric 1:40. I ran a lap with Rachel, then, and thought I was doing OK, but she and her friend took off on the second straightaway, and I didn't try to keep up. I ended up finishing in 1:25, same as last time, but Rachel got 1:20. Impressive!

We stayed long enough to see bats flying overhead, then pointed ourselves towards Molly Moon's. Lydia thought it might be closed, but Maps said it stayed open until 11, even on Sunday. However, when we got there, the line stretched all the way down the block. It was almost ten p.m. We went to Ken's, instead.

0 comments: