I spent much of the day doing various paperwork chores, most of which were connected to getting ready for the upcoming trip. I also filled out an online customer satifsaction survey from the appliance store. I gave an average rating and commented that I was unhappy that I had still not been contacted about rectifying the faulty installation. A man from the Aubagne store called me just a few hours later. He was extremely apologetic and said the central service had not sent them my file, which is why they hadn't called me before. He said he's sending someone out tomorrow morning to redo our installation.
Unfortunately, we also met with another setback in the appliances department. I noticed the tiles under the bar looked dirty and wondered why. It finally occurred to me that the dishwasher water must have overflown the drain pipe again. Sure enough, there was water on the bottom of the cupboard. We didn't notice the problem when it happened because the machine ran during the night and the water on the tile had dried by the time we got up, leaving only a slightly scummy residue behind that is only noticeable in certain lights and from certain angles. Drat. The plumber had told me the blockage was not completely resolved, but I was hoping the situation would hold out longer. So it's back to washing dishes by hand for the next few days. Then I guess we'll deal with the problem when we return from vacation.
0 comments:
Post a Comment