Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Furlough activity in Silver Spring

We finished our first full day of furlough after spending half a day yesterday in an "orderly shutdown."  At least they wanted it to be orderly.  Orderly or not, we went home by noon.

We're doing fine.  Pam says we are practicing "being retired," and that seems to suit her just fine.  If it lasts too long and we like it too much we might just retire!   But probably not, quite yet.

I've started a blog to write about things in my current life - including the shut down - but also getting a head start on thinking about ideas and journaling that I'll be doing in my yoga teacher training.  Some of you may already know that from facebook.

If that sounds horribly dull, you can ignore it -- if you'd like to check it out -- it's at   http://mindfulday.blogspot.com/

There are two posts so far - I recommend starting with the bottom post first.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I've added your blog to my Feedly reader. Be mindful of what you post. I was able to read Evan's deleted post from last week because Feedly was able to snatch it up before he decided to delete it from the blog!

Galen Tromble said...

The newest post on MindfulDay.blogspot.com involves squirrels.