Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OWPCA Short School

This afternoon, I left work and headed up to Midwest City to give a presentation. I was tasked with talking about "distribution systems," so I decided that I would spend my hour talking about pumps, system curves, and pumping efficiency.

What's the OWPCA? Thanks for asking. That's the Oklahoma Water Pollution Control Association. Essentially, it is utility operators and the like (so, people who operate water and wastewater systems on a day-to-day basis).

Anyway, I finished making my presentation this morning, got a co-worker set-up to finish a draft of a report that was due today, and then drove up to the campus of Rose State College.

I had an hour to talk. I finished a little bit early, maybe 2-3 minutes. However, I thought that was solid timing considering I didn't have an accurate slide count (I had lots of duplicates set up that were essentially one slide) AND I hadn't run through it to see how long it would take.

Afterwards, I had positive feedback from a few people, so that was nice.