I tuned in to the Tigers v. A's today and found that there were not any hits in the first 3 innings. This reminded me of my sole trip to the Oakland Coliseum. I remember it was sunny. Ironically, Sonny (Gray) is pitching for the A's today ... and the Tigers are wearing gray.
What else? I remember there was very little offense in the game. Erik Hansen and Dave Stewart were very good that day. I remember Ken Griffey Jr. had 2 hits. I think he was 2-4 with a single and a double. I think the game went to extra innings, and I think the A's won it 1-0 in 10. But, I'm not sure.
I also remember some moaning about a lack of scoring, though I was enjoying the pitching. I think it was the girls (moaning about the lack of offense, that is).
I also remember almost being crushed by a semi that got cut off by a cab (which slammed on its breaks). But, that is a different story altogether.
8 comments:
Just to clarify. Paragraph 1 refers to present time and paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 refer to your memories of the Oakland Coliseum?
It took 11 innings. Junior was 3-5 with two doubles.
Here's the box score on Retrosheet. There's a lot I don't remember, like Felix Jose being hit by a pitch. Or even Felix Jose himself.
Yes.
Felix Jose?
How did you find the box score? Did you remember the date we were there?
There is some past time in paragraph 1, too.
Pitcher search? I doubt there were many 1-0 games in which the starters were Hansen AND Stewart.
I knew what year it was. That was the first step. Oakland and Seattle played 13 times in 1990, and only two of the series were in Oakland, and I knew it was in the summer, so I just scanned the Seattle schedule for games in Oakland that finished 1-0. There was only one.
Post a Comment