Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Baking

My friend Mary B. and I were supposed to get together Wednesday afternoon for a holiday baking session. However, she begged off due to a massive workload and a dead car battery and left to my own devices, I didn't have the energy to get incredibly industrious. I wanted to make fudge, but didn't have any baking chocolate, so decided to do something I could make without a store run. Mary had suggested Snickerdoodles, so that's what I did. I like snickerdoodles, but they're not a cookie I've made very much. I found a recipe online and they turned out fabulous! Light, fluffly, cinnamony deliciousness. Yesterday, I managed to go pick up some baking chocolate, so fudge is on my list for this afternoon. Then, if I have the time, I'd like to do some gingerbread on Saturday. We can eat a little, I'll give a little to my cleaning lady, and I figure the rest will freeze well so we can finish it when we get back. Yummy Holidays, everyone!

4 comments:

Rone' said...

I want Snickerdoodles. They are my favorites!

Anonymous said...

I can make snicker doodles.

Tanya said...

Fudge turned out yummy, too. I've decided to abandon the gingerbread idea because I don't want to give myself extra dishes to clean last minute this afternoon.

ET said...

I think ginger molasses cookies are more appropriate. Maybe I will do that Tuesday.