Yesterday morning about 9am as I was getting ready to take Maëva next door to her grandparents', I stubbed my right pinkie toe on the giraffe shelf unit in her room. It hurt incredibly bad. Seeing my face, Maëva repeated several times, "Mommy, are you mad?" I assured her I was more sad than mad and hobbled next door with her. Nothing was bleeding, nothing was swelling, nothing was turning black and blue. I figured the pain would just gradually go away. It died down, of course, but stayed present. It woke me up several times during the night making me want to swear, but I had to check myself as Maëva was sleeping next to me again due to her persistent cough. Now more than twenty-four hours later, my toe is still hurting. Perhaps I've actually broken it. But there's not much that can be done for a broken pinkie, is there? I guess I'll just have to suffer it out.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would kiss it and make it better if I was close enough!
I would tell you to be careful. Oh; I can do that. Be careful.
I'm not sure what could be done. If you remember (or even if you don't), I banged up a toe pretty badly when Lucas was a baby and I ran into the bouncy seat with my foot.
It's feeling better today, though still a little tender. Guess it must not be broken after all. Yeah.
So, a little late to suggest ice...although I'm sure you knew that, anyway. Glad it's feeling better.
Post a Comment