Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Perhaps a Goat or a Sheep for Christmas?

I thought it might be nice to donate one or more animals through Heifer International, which provides animals, from chickens and rabbits up through water buffaloes and camels, to families around the world along with training on how to care for them.  Another part of their program is that recipient families are encouraged to donate some of their animal's progeny to other families.

I know that some of you may already have shopped for me, but if you haven't and you'd like to contribute to the animal project as your gift to me, that would be cool.

I thought it might be fun to involve the grandkids in picking out the animal(s) to donate.  I think the older kids at least can start to understand the idea of sharing and helping people.  We could make the selection in OK when everyone is there.

What do you think?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend, in the car, Jenn mentioned maybe using her Christmas money from her g'ma for such a purpose. We had received something in the mail recently. I told her that g'pa always supported that mission.

Galen Tromble said...

Yes, that's right - it's one of Grandpa Gene's short list of charities to give to.

ket said...

I'm in.

Tanya said...

Sounds good. Maëva is looking forward to choosing an animal.

Rone' said...

I think it's a great idea. However, if anyone needs a gift idea for Mike, when I was home at lunch after he got his splint off and hinged brace put on his elbow, he asked me stop on the way home and stock up on LOTS of bubble wrap. So I'm thinking this would be a good gift: http://www.amazon.com/HearthSong%C2%AE-HearthSong-Buddy-Bumper-Ball/dp/B009E8LPDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386286360&sr=8-1&keywords=sumo+wrestling+suits

;)

ET said...

No.