Sylvain has always grumbled at my playing of holiday music in December. Now, this unfortunate attitude has apparently rubbed off on Maëva. I hadn't been able to play any Christmas music yet this year because she would get upset and start crying at the mere mention of it. But yesterday morning while Sylvain was at school, I had the house all to myself and was able to eat my breakfast and enjoy a nice cup of tea while sitting in front of the lighted tree listening to a holiday album. It finally sounded like Christmas! Delightful. When I went out a little later in the morning (I had run out of both Christmas cards and family photos for them), I found a Bing Crosby Christmas album marked down 50% and decided to acquire it for myself. Score! I listened to it in the car as I was driving around on my errands. Wonderful. Now that Maëva's coming back this evening, driving time might be my only opportunity to sneak a few Christmas songs. Sigh.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew there was a reason I liked Sylvain!
Scared of Santa, doesn't like Christmas music...hmmm. Maybe we need to introduce her to a wider variety of Christmas music? I liked this album...Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar http://www.kbeamer.com/kalikimaka.html. Copies for everyone's stocking?
Post a Comment