We left Silver Spring a little after 11am on Saturday, and eschewed the lunch options in Breezewood and along the turnpike, eventually stopping just outside Pittsburgh at our preferred Mexican restaurant. It must have been a little after 3pm when we arrived. So, we skipped the usual dinner when we arrived home, and had a light snack of popcorn instead. As a result, I promised the girls a special breakfast in the morning. Rachel decided she wanted both pancakes and waffles, so that's what we did.
The resulting breakfast sandwich, to be eaten with hands, not forks, consisted of two waffles for the ends, with a rather puffy pancake in the middle, slathered with homemade yogurt mixed with maple syrup on both sides.
I finished mine. Rachel ate about half of hers, partly because she had "sampled" an entire waffle before the pancakes were ready, citing some kind of chef's privilege. Lydia ate one waffle and left the rest of the sandwich. It was quite filling.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Rachel's breakfast special
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a lot of carbs.
Hmmmm . . . I'm not sure whether or not I want to try it. Maybe we can just keep it simple while we're there?
Post a Comment