Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Day in Baltimore

Today started early, as yesterday ended late. My flight from OKC to BWI was delayed about an hour and a half. We landed at 9:13 pm. By the time I got my bag (10), arranged for a shuttle, got on the shuttle (10:30), and finally left the airport after picking up the rest of the passengers, it was late. Then, it was 30 minutes to the hotel at the Inner Harbor. Oh well.

I asked for a restaurant recommendation when I checked in. The lady said there is a deli next door and mentioned a couple other things, too. Next door it was. I had a couple pieces of pizza (pretty dang good) at Harbor East Deli.

I was up before 7. Breakfast at hotel. Walked to Marriot Waterfront (I'm at the Courtyard). Found "Large Diameter Pipe Forum." Snuck out at lunch. Beautiful day. Walked to Chipotle. Bird in the building. Lunch. Back to the Marriott. Workshop on AWWA pipe manuals of practice. Good stuff.

Back to hotel. Change. Workout. Shower. Dress. Meet dad and Pam. Walk. Walk more. Tease dad about how far away the restaurant he picked is. Walk even more. Tease dad more. Keep walking. Lose faith in dad's spatial analysis skills. Keep walking. Arrive at "The Pointe." Get worried about the noise. Go upstairs past the Loople crew. Much nicer upstairs. Food. Good. Talk. This, that, the other. Lucas ... soccer ... Seattle ... genealogy ... cousins ... yoga ... Andrew ... 1st grade math ... biking ... you get the idea.

Back to the hotel/car/etc. Walk. Walk more. Keep walking. Dodge guy texting while riding his bike. Walk more. Ice cream. Chesapeake Bay Hens face-off specialist history lesson. Midnight cookies and cream. Rich. Yummy. Part ways. Back to hotel. Time for bed. More workshops tomorrow.

0 comments: