A Canadian friend in Lascours loaned me two American recipe cookbooks in French she got from the Roquevaire public library. Last night, I made this recipe from L'Amérique de Jamie by Jamie Oliver: Tuna on Roasted Salsa. It's basically the same as this recipe (which is adapted from Jamie's), but Jamie uses zucchini cut in long thin strands with a vegetable peeler rather than asparagus. I used cayenne pepper instead of green chilis, left out the onion, and replaced the cilantro with parsley (Sylvain doesn't like onion or cilantro). It still turned out great. And it was very nice to have a proper dinner for once rather than just whatever I can throw together in a few minutes from what's in the refrigerator and pantry. Even though there are three different components to make separately, it wasn't too difficult or time-consuming. There's even some salsa left over. I need to make a run to the grocery store for tortilla chips! I roasted the vegetables in the oven and the smell really pervades the house. When I went upstairs this morning, I got a whiff of roasted green peppers. At least the vegetable smell covers up the tuna smell. I will definitey make this again and probably serve it to guests at a future dinner party.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
And, you should pick up another onion for the next round of salsa.
Maybe 2. Big ones.
Heck, just grab a whole bag of them.
Is Jamie Oliver American? I was thinking he was Australian, but I could be thinking of someone else.
English, says Wikipedia.
English, Australian ... same thing.
Post a Comment