In preparation for my impending trip to France, I'm nearing 50% fluency on Duolingo. I'm stuck on 49%, but maybe by day 300 I'll have eclipsed the mark.
Ok, so maybe impending is a wee bit optimistic. First, I have to renew my passport, which seems to have hidden someplace. Then, tickets.
In other news, tomorrow is Andrew's first day of 3rd grade. Lucas starts kindergarten on Monday. Exciting times. I'm going to be in Texas/Oklahoma next week, so I'll have to get updates from Lucas over the phone.
No movement on the house. I had the one showing, but that's it. It's a bit of a bummer, but the timing on listing was horrible.
What else? Nothing earth-shattering. I'll try to check in on Meredith when I'm in Norman next week, just to make sure she's doing ok.
6 comments:
March will be here soon enough!
Thanks for the update.
For a minute there I thought you were going to France at the same time as Galen! Glad you are going to be in Oklahoma, looking forward to seeing you.
Boo Duolingo! I've been doing it - at least 2 lessons - often several more - every day for the past 9 months except for 3 times I've missed - and I can't get above 30% - well, I did get to 31% briefly, but even though I continued to practice, it dropped me down to 30 a few days ago. Perhaps Evan really is 19% more fluent than I, but I wonder....
Switch to Android.
Here is Duolingo's explanation of how they measure fluency. Unfortunately, they don't report it for Russian or Japanese.
Thanks, dude.
Post a Comment