Le samedi 26 août. Dad slept until noon. Meanwhile, I made buttermilk pancakes, pecan pie bars (special request from host of that day's lunch potluck) and chocolate zucchini cake (for Sunday lunch at Marie-Elisabeth's). Lunch potluck at friend Sandrine's house. Girls swam and played with friends. Dad and I talked to Frédérique for a little bit. Back home at 3:30pm for naps. While others napping, I got the apéritif ready for the Aubades. Festival committee group came to our house with fifes and drums about 7pm. After a short drink with them, Dad and I headed to the fair in the village with the girls. They both did duck fishing for mermaid dolls. Then Maëva did the trampoline jump while Laureva went on the carousel.
Monday, August 28, 2017
Fête with Dad: Day 2
Maëva really wanted to do the trampoline. But once she got strapped up in the harness and lifted up in the air a little, she started freaking out. It took a couple moments of stellar mom coaching to get her to stop freaking out and start enjoying herself. Back home around 8pm. Girls had dinner. My Franco-American friend Guillaume arrived shortly after 8. The girls went to bed after two stories each from Dad and Guillaume, then the three adults sat around having dinner and chatting until about 11:30pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Today - Tuesday - I'm up at 4:30 am. Overshot a little bit after catching up.
Post a Comment