This morning, I got up before 5:30 to finish some work before heading over to yoga a little after 8. I decided that instead of driving, I'd walk the 0.7 miles over to the studio.
I was the first one there, as I was about 10 minutes early for the 8:30 class. Most of the people arrived very close to 8:30. It was good to be a bit early, as I was able to talk to the instructor (which really isn't a good term ... maybe facilitator) for a bit. She and her husband own/operate the studio.
The class was an hour long. It was a mind-body-spirit class. There were some similar elements to dad's family classes, but there were some differences, as well. We did more flow, although it wasn't especially flowing, either. It was a good amount of flow. We also spent more time in down dog, which is good, but tough for me. We also ended with some sitting stuff. My hip tightness was exposed there, but I made do with the help of some props.
They have classes at lunch and in the late afternoon that could work. So, I'll probably head back.
8 comments:
I've been very grateful for not spending more time in downward dog during NBT. My memory from former yoga class is the I hated downward dog until I met upward dog.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
What's wrong with upward dog?
That's cool that there is a class close enough to walk to! Hard to beat the commute to the living room for NBT, though.
Yes, but limiting myself to NBT classes doesn't get me out of the house ... which is less than ideal for at least a couple reasons.
I'm glad you found this resource close by. Let me know if you find some poses you like or at least think are good for you. Perhaps they'll fit in NBT yoga too.
Up dog is difficult if you don't have a lot of backbend flexibility. If cobra isn't open and comfortable, you may not be happy in up dog.
We did Warrior 3, which was fun ... a bit of a remix of tree pose and the extended tables we've been doing.
She had us move from plank to down dog sliding our feet (which were on a blanket). I sucked at that, but it is a great core move. Unfortunately, at the house, I generally am on carpeted surfaces, which would make it really, really difficult.
Post a Comment