Saturday morning, Nicole and I did our run at Queen Anne Bowl, but otherwise it was a home day. We worked on the rain barrel when we got home. I emptied it, and we're going to try to patch it with silicone caulk. But, we got distracted by other tasks before the cleaning step. There's still no rain in the ten-day forecast though, so it can probably wait a day or two.
I made bread today, because we're planning an excursion for tomorrow. Then I spent most of the afternoon reading while the kids did the things they wanted to do, which meant reading for Rachel, and mostly Minecraft for the others. They all bathed, too.
For dinner, Nicole made saag paneer with extra vegetables. Then we had root beer floats or just ice cream for dessert, and watched a movie: Fatherhood. It wasn't as funny as we expected, and was pretty conventional, I thought. But it had its moments. I don't know why they have to write such trying circumstances for their characters, though. I think parenting is plenty dramatic even when it mostly goes well.
0 comments:
Post a Comment