Monday, August 29, 2022

Acceleration

Monday began the final full week of summer vacation. I decided to work from home due to an appointment in the afternoon. That let me linger a few minutes to participate in the introduction of Lloyd to the new kitten. We had been expecting that she might be difficult, but they seemed to be fine from the start, so before long Rookie came in, too. He's the one who seemed the most bothered. He growled and hissed a little. But before long the protocol had been abandoned and they were just hanging out together. Lloyd and Rookie spent a long time sleeping under Eric's bed. Rachel is kitten smitten. She spent most of the day in the boys' room with the kitten in her lap.


In the early afternoon, Lydia had an hour-long orientation at her new school. Apparently it wasn't super useful. She got a tour of the school, but had already done that. She noted that the eighth graders who gave the tour said they didn't know how the lockers worked, because they have never used them.

Later in the afternoon, I had an appointment at the podiatrist about my toenails. He confirmed our amateur diagnosis of fungal infection, and went over the treatment options with me. I have a little more research to do, but will likely try oral antifungal medication.

Nicole and I went by Paola's to pick up our fruit box next. They are still away. Then we came back home for a bit before returning to the Avenue to pick up dinner.

Bedtime seemed to go well. The new kitten played while I read to the kids, but then went to lie down in her box. She's back in the bedroom for the night with the door closed. Meanwhile, Rachel and Lydia have their doors open so Lloyd and Rookie can move about the hallway. We think maybe they were more active last night together, because they seemed sleepier today than they have been.

During reading time we came upon the following passage, which speaks to a question I had for Maëva recently. The next page talks about the Gryffindor attire, too.


4 comments:

Tanya said...

So the book does mention scarves. No mention of stripes, though, in this passage.

Galen Tromble said...

After putting up with toenail fungus for years, and seeing it continue to get worse, I did a 90 day round of terbinafine this spring. All but one big toenail have grown out clear since. I think it may just be taking longer for all the old nail to be replaced. They did a liver function test partway through to make sure it was OK for me.

Roy said...

What does a liver function test entail? They told me we'd do blood work before each month of treatment to check liver health.

Galen Tromble said...

Yes, that's it. They do a blood test and look for various things. As long as they're within normal ranges all is well. Apparently, some peoples' livers have trouble processing the drug. Mine was fine.