Tuesday afternoon my work team went to the Mariners game. But first, this morning I noticed Rookie seemed to want some attention, and seemed interested in what was outside the door, so I closed all the other doors and opened the ones to the girls' bedrooms. That gave the kittens access to each other, the hallway, and the foyer downstairs. It wasn't long before Rookie was down there investigating. Later in the day they got to explore the living room and the boys' room as well.
We had great seats for the baseball game, just behind home plate on the first base side, in the 29th row. But we had planned to eat lunch in the cafe in right field before the game, and that ran late. First, parking took longer than anticipated, and then the service was slow. We didn't head to our seats until the middle of the fifth inning. The Guardians had scored a run in the top of the first after a lead-off double. Then the Mariners first three scored in the bottom of the first on a Mitch Haniger home run that just cleared the left-center-field fence. There was no more scoring, and very few base runners, for the rest of the game. The Mariners did threaten by loading the bases with two out in the bottom of the eighth, but a strike out ended it.
My colleagues were heading in different directions after the game, and I didn't want to go back to the office only to walk home, so I headed to the bus stop. I hurried and made it there in about twelve minutes. As I was approaching the final intersection I saw that the walk sign was counting down and ran across the street to my waiting bus. I waved to the driver, who let me on. Perfect timing! The ride home from there was not much more than twenty minutes.
Everyone but Rachel headed to the farmer's market soon after I arrived. Rachel was already there, hanging out with a friend. Not the same friend as most of her recent activities. That reminds me: I think I failed to mention that Rachel had gone to an event for current and future Lincoln High School basketball players yesterday. It sounds like that was a good experience for her even though she hadn't wanted to do it beforehand.
We all found dinner from four different vendors, then got a few items of produce. Nicole got strawberries and some cucumbers and a pepper to go in a watermelon salsa. I found a different melon whose identity remains uncertain. There were fewer plums than I expected, so I didn't get any this week.
The kittens went to their respective bedrooms while we were out, but they got to play more after we came home. Rookie was following Lloyd around relentlessly, and there was some wrestling. I eventually separated them so they could both calm down. I think they're both doing very well and the process is going more quickly and smoothly than we expected, especially given Lloyd's initial shyness.
0 comments:
Post a Comment