Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Countdown continues

It was a hot day in Seattle on Tuesday. I ate lunch outside, but thankfully in the shade. But the apple I took outside in the afternoon was extremely large, and it took a bit too long to eat. I was sitting in the sun, then, and starting to feel it.


Nicole and Colin had friends over when I returned home, and then Rachel also brought her friend back, so we had extra people for dinner. Nicole and I picked up pizza from Fremont. The kitten was perfectly happy to sit in these friends' laps, but still hasn't spent any time with me. Maybe she prefers women.

I finished The Grief of Stones this evening by reading the last five pages. It turns out the titular ship that provided the name of an opera is in turned named after a fairy tale about unanswerable questions, including the grief of stones. That sort of pulled it all together. Meanwhile, our main character seems poised for a new adventure, which I shall again endeavor to read as soon as I can get my hands on it, assuming I have read the tea leaves right.

Meanwhile, our mini character is in need of a permanent name, but we her family have failed to reach consensus as to what it should be. The boys voted for Marble, the girls for Raven, after Rachel changed her vote in despair in the instant runoff. Nicole may introduce her to the vet as Choco in protest. Here are the other two, resting.

0 comments: